Thread: Mr Bojangles
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #1
Phyllis Grubb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Mr Bojangles

Hi,
This is my first question, I hope I am in the right place. I was against getting a puppy but my husband had said he would take one of the litter of yorks. Well I fell in love and he ((BO) was very good for me because I felt lonesome(yes I do have husband)He is 3 now and a wonderful laid back male, raised by older adults. I had a concern besides him gaining weight, I thought he was lonesome too. He needed more exercise, because of medical issues I could not do this for him.
I heard of a 6 month old female yorkie (Sophie)that was being abused. Through a friend she ask if the girl wanted to give her up. I could not stand by knowing that she was being abused. She gladly gave her up. In the beginning it was rough. I cried alot because Bo was acting hurt and withdrawn and I thought I have done the wrong thing.We gave him extra attention. He had alone time with us. We did everything we knew to do. He never showed any signs of being mad at her. He would play with her, the only time he was upset was when she came around any people he knew, But now she is the one I am worried about. Unlike Bo, Sophie is very active. She has gotten where she will jump on his back and start a fight. This is mostly when some one comes to door or gate and they race to be first. She gets go upset if he is ahead of her that she jumps up put her 2 front paws into his back until he turns around to defend himself and the fight starts. Now it is happening more often. When she gets excited she will jump on him for no reason and start a fight. I am sorry that I took on a second dog. My questions, is this a phase, what do I do when she does that or should she be removed from home. Of course we have become very attached to her and she has so many cute ways, But I am so stressed out most of the time. If I find her a new home that thing called guilt will eat me up. HELP and thank you for reading this long note.
Phyllis Grubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!