View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Oh yes I love the music idea My very first competitive obedience with my young boy, I watched this amazing heeling work with a gal and a malinois. I asked her how she and her dog did the heel so well? She replied I don't look at it as heeling but as dancing with my dog! This has stayed with me over many years. But to actually play music - yeah that is something I am going to try!

I think it will work really well with Dara and I.

Razzle maybe too. And quite frankly I don't think Yorkies are so terribly different from other stubborn breeds to train. They mature in the head slowly about akin to many working breeds. Everything has to be moderated because of their small size - and of course at least with the Yorkies I know many of which are obedience trained and working terriers - they do have a high drive - a beautifull to my minds eye excitement and desire to work - but can be a bit scattered with their focus.

And I think a truism is = your dog will meet up to your expectations - or if your expectations are low - will meet those too. They literally live to love us - and to work for us - if we nuture their natural work ethic.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!