View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY OSCAR View Post
Yesterday my sweet girl Kaiah ( Shih Tzu/Poodle mix ) had to go to the Vet as she could not pee .. Poor baby was in a lot of pain . Vet did an Ultrasound fearing that there may be stones , thankfully it was all clear . However Kaiah does have a bad infection with some crystals . Vet gave us Clavamox and since Kaiah has the kind of bacteria that sticks vet suggested that I had a 1/2 tbs of cranberry juice to each meal . Is there anything else I can do to help prevent future Uti's ? .. This is her second one in a year . I feed NutriSource ( grain & potato free ) with added can food & water.

My sweet little girl ..
Attachment 405764
UTIs in females happen. If it continues you might have to tweak her diet. For now, I would encourage her to drink. Also, there is a product on the market that is better than cranberry juice to use that my vet told me about that we used when our dog had a UTI and was on antibiotics. You can ask your vet about it too, they usually like Nutramax products.

Here is the link to it. Nutramax 21 Count Cranandin Pet Supplement https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H22KZK..._Zylvvb1QQ9VWA
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!