View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #10
YazminD
My ♥, My Soul, My Love
Donating Member

My son shared this story on my FB page last night. It's horrible that the owner insisted the man to be arrested, it should've been the other way around!
Man Busts Window to Help Dog, Gets Arrested Anyway - Life With Dogs

I work in a restaurant and I'm always shocked at customers who leave dogs locked up in hot cars! One summer there was an elderly couple who left a Maltese in a car with leather seats! It was 97 degrees that day and the humidity was horrible! Within less than five minutes that poor dog's face was drenching wet with sweat and she was panting terribly with no way to escape the hot sun! I confronted the couple and asked them if I could give her water and could they please roll down the windows at least enough that the dog could breath fresh air! The elderly man spoke up immediatly and said that there was no way he'd crack the windows, that he was sure someone would try to steal her while they ate! He then proudly told me how he and his wife had just rescued the dog from a kill shelter in Florida a few days prior to arriving in Ohio! OMG! Fortunately I was able to convince him to stay with the dog until their meal was ready and then he allowed each waitress to sit with her while each of them took their breaks. Unfortunately, I see this abuse all too often but it's been a lot less since I posted a "Don't Cook Your Dog" at the front door entrance for all the customers to see before they enter!
Attached Thumbnails
man saves yorkie from hot car, then arrested-image.jpg  
YazminD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!