View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #10
TimelessYorkies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
No not an unspoken rule. But have you actually been at AKC shows to watch to learn - to talk with the breeders there?

Your local breed club - is still or should be a good source to go by. Even if they don't have Yorkie breeders - if they have any toy breeders that are showing in AKC you can develop relationships with them, go to shows with them - and get introduced to Yorkie breeders at the show.

You see you need to get known by these folks. An hour away for a Yorkie Club is not so bad - that is if you have a car to get there with. I have driven farther and much more frequently to do training. to take workshops, to see my breeders frequently.

Start saving your $$ to go to the nearest Yorkie Specialty. Go to www.ytca.org to see their up-coming specialties.

And in the meantime, study study study. Take workshops - especially go to workshops on breeding, structure, gaiting, showing and better still if there are workshops you can attend in person..
Forgot to ask...any suggestions on where to go for information on workshops? I didn't really see anything on AKC website and I'm always cautious of Google results.

Thanks
TimelessYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!