View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #15
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesMommy01 View Post
I ordered SC Surf &Turf recently(maybe beginning of April?), and it had bones. They were little, but nonetheless I'd rather not injure myself feeding my yorkies if I can avoid it. I'm deciding between Primal and THK at this point and I'll probably slowly progress to feeding home cooked raw. I see THK has it where I can order a 1 oz sample size which I love! On THK's site it gives a guesstimate on how long a certain amount of food should last(i love that too!). How long will a package of Primal last those with 2(+) yorkies?
Yes, the 1 oz sample sizes are great to try...if you have a store that carries THK near you, you can ask for a sample.

There's 48 1 oz nuggets in a 3# bag of Primal. The recommended amount to feed for a 5# dog is 3 nuggets a day. So not very long loll. Momo is almost 5#'s & he eats 4 nuggets a day to maintain his weight...he's very active, always on the move. If Princess (who weighs the same) ate the same amount, she'll gain weight...it's so not fair for us girls!

Primal does have the frequent buyer program. Buy 12, get 1 free.

I ran into this & thought it was interesting, Primal doesn't use any synthetic vitamins: Feeding, Transition and Safety for Raw Dog Food Diets
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!