View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #278
thacker03
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piddle Place View Post
Yes, it would work, but like with the doorbell, you'll have to show him what you need. I can help with training if needed. I would set up the crate to an open but small fenced play area. In the play area put the dog toilet, chew toys, and clean water. That way its a "happy place" for your dog to be. You can attach one of those fold out fences to the front of the crate. That will create a 6 foot play area that your dog can use. After the dog is trained, you can remove the fence, it won't be needed. Your dog should learn to use the dog toilet by then. What else have you tried?
Not sure what fold out fence you are referring to...I've given him treats to ring the bell and once he got that figured out, I had him ring the bell and I would open the door before he got the treat. Now, I have him ring the bell, take him outside and as soon as he goes potty he gets the treat. You said dog toilet...do you mean a pee pad? I started him on those and I think it confused him. I would LOVE help...I've trained labs but they seem easier than my Yorkie has been. Thank you for any and all help!!
thacker03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!