Thread: Hip Issues
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Charlies8
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hip Issues

Charlie seems to have something similar. I noticed slight lip a while back but didn't get too worried as he seemed fine otherwise. Then we went shopping a week ago and I put him in the seat part of a cart while we shopped. After that his hips seem to be worse. More on the right side then the left. When he goes up or down the stairs he keeps his two back legs together and hops like a bunny. After walking around a bit he doesn't limp as bad, but when he sleeps, always on his left side he gets up and his limp is very pronounced. I took him in to the vet and they said it couldn't be his hips, probably his knees. They said they would prescribe an anti-inflammatory if I liked. I wanted to see if he got better but he's not.
I saw an article a while ago that said that Yorkies are prone to hip dysplasia. When I told the vet this she said it's not so.
Weird. Any way, with his hips/knees I can't take him for walks like before. He hurt so bad last night he couldn't lift his leg to go potty. I ended up carrying him home from his potty walk. He felt much better when I put him down on the porch. Poor fella, sure wish I could figure out something to help him. Is there and all natural anti-inflammatory I can give him? I prefer to go natural where he is concerned. I even make his snacks.
I hope you find out what is wrong, maybe that's Charlie's problem.
Charlies8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!