View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #8
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
I, too, always ask if I may pet someone's 'baby.' I do encourage others to approach Piper as I want her to be social and polite. I take Piper pretty much everywhere and as a rule, people have been respectful toward her and me. Awhile back, however, several people were cupping (or attempting) to cup Piper's adorable little noggin in their two hands which neither she nor I appreciated! Now I make sure to intercede to ensure my Piper-girl receives only gentle strokes from folks (I'm so dang poetic!).
heeehee

I made the mistake of being too protective of Max when he was little. We live in big dog country and not many people know how to behave safely around a small dog, especially one with lots of hair and a topknot.

Max turned out fairly social, but he feels a need to protect us. Poor Teddy had a bunch of bad experiences with people running up to us screaming with delight and trying to pick him up. I think that made him suspicious of people we encounter in public. He is fine walking down a busy sidewalk if people leave him alone.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!