View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post

I was hesitant @ 1st but decided to give it to Mimi anyway. I did remove the sharp looking bones but left the rest in there...she did fine. I personally am not comfortable w/sharp bones, I do not think it's safe. Since then, I have not purchased another Pheasant formula by S&C. That's the only one I had problems with. Hopefully it's been resolved...

Have you tried Primal's freeze dried? I have not had any issues or heard of any w/those.

The Honest Kitchen does not have any bones in it. It is a dehydrated food, so it needs to be rehydrated w/water. They have complete balanced formulas & a few mixes where you add your choice of protein to make a balanced complete meal.

I ordered SC Surf &Turf recently(maybe beginning of April?), and it had bones. They were little, but nonetheless I'd rather not injure myself feeding my yorkies if I can avoid it. I'm deciding between Primal and THK at this point and I'll probably slowly progress to feeding home cooked raw. I see THK has it where I can order a 1 oz sample size which I love! On THK's site it gives a guesstimate on how long a certain amount of food should last(i love that too!). How long will a package of Primal last those with 2(+) yorkies?
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!