View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I take Teek everywhere with me. I am usually asked by people if they can pet him, but some have petted without asking. I don't get uptight about it because even though I have only had him 4 months I know him well enough to know that he does not care. He was very well socialized when he was young and then the people I got him from had people coming in/out of their house all the time and so new people are great with him.

I encourage people to pet him sometimes because I want him to continue to enjoy the attention of others besides me.

He is at the point where when we pull into the Lowe's parking lot and he sees the store he goes crazy! He loves Lowe's because the employess know him and customers are always asking if they can pet him.

People should ask first. I can always tell a dog person because of the way they approach him. Some people have no idea what they are doing and those are the ones we have to worry about. Sometimes Teek does like strangers to reach over his head and when he pulls his head back I let them know that he doesn't like it when someone new reaches over his head and to pet him from the side and he is fine, but some people he will let do that so I don't even know why that is so hit or miss.

I don't ever give anyone the death stare, I am such a happy go lucky kind of person and almost always have a smile on face so they may just fine me very approachable. Also, Teek does not bark so he doesn't scare people. Even my neighbor who is afraid of dogs will pet Teek and talk to him and told me he is the only dog she isn't afraid of and it mostly because he doesn't bark at her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!