View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Confused Should You Expect...

For strangers to touch your yorkies(or other pets) without permission when you're out in public? I was having a convo with a friend of mine who has a male yorkie and this subject came up. Her stance was, "I hardly take my dog out, except for the vet/park, so I don't really have to worry about that". I usually take mine everywhere with me. I have a sling for Veau and I take both Rasta and her with me when walking my son to school/picking him up. My husband says I have on my "bitchface" (can we say bitch?) when doing that, so besides the "he/she is so cute" ppl usually keep it moving lol. I haven't been to a pet store since getting Veau, but I did have a woman reach out to touch Rasta without asking at a Petsmart. I gave her the deathstare and she pulled her hand back . Rasta does not like strangers touching him. He'll tolerate it, but shrinks into me. Veau so far likes everyone, but the only people she's been around besides my family and her breeder's is the vet(I bet that'll change when they give her a shot ). My husband says if I bring them in public I should expect people to pet them; however, I'm in the school of thought "Don't touch unless you ask". With summer upon us and I know a lot of members here do outdoor activities with their yorks, what do you think?
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!