View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #14
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTeddykins View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies - truly helps to have different perspectives.
The receptionist is a vet tech and she didn't tell me anything differently than what the vet told me himself during Teddy's annual check up in September. During that visit, the vet said he thought we should wait to get Teddy chipped because it would 'hurt a lot' and Teddy was already scared from the visit so suggested that the chip be done at a later time i.e. Saturday. There is a different needle, I believe, which some people use for chi's and small Yorkies but I don't think it is widely known or used. I just thought maybe someone would be familiar with it here...

I know it needs done as it is the law here (England) that all dogs are chipped by April 2016. Even if it weren't the law, I would get it done anyway. If they mean it will hurt a 'lot' as in more than a vaccination, I get that. However, they just keep saying 'it will hurt' and freaking me out about it..lol
I'm hoping it's no different than the shots you get your kids which 'hurt a lot' and then life goes on. I don't know. Like I said, I wouldn't be so worried if Teddy wasn't such a nut. I guess I just have to hope he'll be okay since I really have no choice. Thanks all.
Misty....like you said, it's got to happen...would love to take it all away from you and Teddy, but sorry - I can't...

It's like a grain of rice being injected through a needle - it's instantaneous - might be a bit of a yelp - but then that's it....

Huge Harry even yelped at that moment - but a bit of a massage for a couple of minutes....and then it was all forgotten. I promise you, that's all it was xxx
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!