View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #14
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeeCandy View Post
My baby is Named "Winston" he did Excellent on the ride home ..and has been busy every since lol. The breeder gave us the food he has been eating Beneful Healthy Growth for Puppies..I'm not familiar with this product. He is 10 weeks.. what food would you suggest. Thanks a Bunch!
Big congrats!!! I remember only 6 months ago I brought home my little Scottie!
He was also really good boy during the car ride home.

Anyway, the whole food thing was my biggest headache for the first two weeks. My breeder also gave me kibble he was previously eating. I think out of nervousness, he had a loss of appetite and I couldn't get him to eat. He didn't eat the first day. I think he ate the second or third day after starving! And then, he ate somewhat regular. I tried to change his food after 3 weeks and he had upset stomach. I think the switch might have been too soon.

I dunno what I could have done differently, or it was just a waiting process. But this was the list of kibble Scottie tried out:

Canidae (pcs ended up too big),

Fromm (was doing well on Game Bird flavor, until I switched it to Salmon and Tuna, which he ended up having diarrhea for 2 weeks!),

then settled on Acana Singles (he switches between Duck and Lamb). Occasionally he gets Orijen Regionals freeze dried as treats, because his stomach is too sensitive for any other 'dog treats'.

Good luck! Hope your yorkie has an iron stomach, because cleaning up diarrhea is like the worse thing everrrr
canana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!