View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

It is absolutely inconceivable that a vet receptionist would tell a client something like this!!! I insert my own chips!!! I personally have a worse reaction to the inserting of the chip than any dog I have ever done simply because I hate needles!!! The needle is extremely sharp, with a cutting edge...and if the person that is inserting the needle knows how to correctly insert a needle delivery system, ie, as with all needles going in sub q, bevel side up, the pup will not probably even feel the needle going in!!! If Teddy is neurotic, he will react to someone fooling around with the scruff of his neck....but the actual insertion of that needle will NOT cause him "a lot of pain"!!!! Now, all bets are off if they have no idea how to insert a chip and do it incorrectly, like trying to shove the needle into the skin with the bevel side DOWN....but if they know what they are doing, and it is NOT rocket science or brain surgery, there should NOT be a problem!!! The worse "hurt" will be no worse than getting his vaccination shots or you getting a flu shot!!! I can NOT believe a receptionist told you that!!!!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!