View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #15
MybunDleOfJoy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
Sounds like you are making some progress which is great. Just don't expect a miracle over night. It take a ton of work and more importantly Consistency ! That is the key to a well trained pup. You and if anyone else in in the home must adopt the same correction techniques. Always use the same commands and do it within seconds of the bad behavior. Just watch for the tell tell signs and stop it before he has a change to react. This will work for any type unwanted behavior.

This can be is a sign of submission as well as flagging when a female is in heat. Since she is fixed I don't thing you have to worry about that. Its just another way dogs say "hello". As long as there is no sign of aggression they should be fine.

Also, the toy/bones thing . . you really have to be careful when it comes to this. I had major issues with two of my gals over toys and such. To the point where a fight would break out. If Mia gives it willingly with no issue than its ok, they'll figure out how to share eventually. If there is any sign of aggression this is something that needs to be addressed asap so that is doesn't turn into something worse down the line.
I began training this matter ever since i read the post. Thank you so much. It has improved , Mia still gives in at times. They began tuggle wars with toys now. Most of the time when mia picks a toy to play, max rund to take it away he is so greedy he wants all the toys he takes them after mia letts him, to take all the way to his bed , he packs them all on his bed. But i started saying no when shes playin with a toy and he wants it, i give him another toy to play with and he listens for like 10 mins and plays with the toy but then he wants mia's toy again and they tuggle war for it. And so on goes the process of no repetition. Lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!