View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:58 PM   #14
smelcerk
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have loved reading all the replies and the fact that everyone has a little different take on it. The lady who gave me the advice definitely meant it the way Cha Cha paraphrased it. We were at the show and everyone was primping and grooming for hours on end. My girl is only a nine month old puppy and was exhausted so she was pretty much curled up in my lap messing up her coat and trying to tear out her bow. So that is what was meant but was not my lightbulb moment. I am a social worker and adore human beings and the entire craziness of our human condition but when she said look at what we have done to our breed, it resonated. Dogs are just not as complicated as humans. They are ruled by a few basic needs and when you meet them, they love you unconditionally. I felt like it was time to rejoice in that simple fact and just take some breaths and enjoy. I was in the middle of all the stress and chaos of a dog show teeming with animals and it felt good to just revel in all that dogness. My daughter says I am starting to talk like a crazy dog lady but I am thinking many of you will understand.
smelcerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!