View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I don't think people are complaining about science based evidence, it that sometimes a person makes a comment about something they believe and people say things like "back it up with science, where's the proof of that?" Yorkietalk is more than a medical site, it's also about human beings who want to offer an opinion based on experience. My background is science, specifically experimental psychology, so I'm all about the scientific method. However, before scientists decide to do an experiment they observe their surroundings and experiments are designed upon antidotal evidence. So even scientists consider things to be important that haven't been proven yet. Remember that Holistic means "relating to or concerned with wholes or with complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts." What about that could be threatening? Obviously, some charlatans will abuse the word, but not everything holistic is hogwash. Holistic medicine today, could become proven science tomorrow.
This says it better than I can.

We will not be creating a Holistic section merely bc some people do not support holistic or natural treatments. ALL types of health concerns are welcome in Health and Diet, as always.

And btw, NO ONE is complaining about "science and evidence-based pet recommendations on YT" -- not a single person. The complaints are about those who try to post ANYTHING non-scientific in nature, and how they're being treated.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!