View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #13
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Stores and other public places generally have rules - either pets are allowed or they aren't. These same rules need to apply across the board to everyone. How can a store or public place differentiate between different breeds and different size dogs???? Most of these rules have nothing to do with what breed or size your dog is. They often are following Health Department regulations that don't allow pets in whatever type establishment they are operating.

I know that a lot of us think that because our dogs are small - we can just take them anyplace. Not true!!! We should only take our dogs into places where pets are allowed. I feel very strongly about this and have never approved of "sneaking" our little guys into places where pets are not allowed.

If I were the golden retriever owner, I probably would not have gone out and brought my dog into the store. But, I certainly agree with his thinking that if your dog was allowed -- his was too. Also - he may have just been making a point. I certainly wouldn't call him an "idiot." He may have been a very nice man with a well behaved dog.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!