View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie6446 View Post
Does the rabbit still come from China?
Primal never sourced their rabbit or any other proteins from China, only from the US & New Zealand.

I think you're thinking of Nature's Variety. Although in 2014, they stopped sourcing their rabbit from China & sourcing them from France (last I've heard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieDaddy1 View Post
Bella had some near fatal liver and gallbladder issues last year, and after spending thousands diagnosing the possibility of a shunt, and stones, and other things, the vet finally found her gall bladder was swollen and about to erupt, and was covered in mucus! He actually sent her home and didn't expect her to make it through the weekend at one point!
She had been on Blue grain free her whole life. Never dreamed a diet change would change everything.
We switched to Primal Lamb formula, and added total biotics and total enzymes to it... Long story short, 6 months later, her blood and urine results came bak PERFECT! tested again every couple months, and still perfect! She looks wonderful, and has not had a hepatic encephalopathy attack in 6 months or more! (She had gotton to the point of having them about once per week!)
That's wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunni View Post
Have you ever heard of Vital Essentials? Its for Raw diet. I'm gradually making the switch over to a raw diet for my two dogs. I read the ingredients really carefully and I think it sounds good. It was the only Raw food available at the store I shop. They have frozen and freeze dried. Whats everyones opinion? I have a 6 month old Yorkie that I want to give the best possible start I can. I have an older dog with medical issues, and its most likely too late to save him, at least his food will be healthier. At least thats my goal. I got samples today enough to give both of them dinner and breakfast tomorrow, and will go back to stock up, after some feedback. I did ask my vet is she though a raw food diet would be good for my sick Shih Tzu, and she said its an optimal diet for all dogs, and definitely do it if I can.
Yes, I've heard of Vital Essentials, it's an excellent raw food company. I don't feed them the proteins they provide, wish they offered more novel proteins.

If your store carries Vital, I'm sure they can order other raw foods for you (if you wish). Nature's Variety is another excellent one & most Petco or Petsmart carries them.

Are you going to give them the raw food right away or mixing some of their old food, introduce slowly? That would be the best way, to avoid any tummy upsets.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!