View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I do not leave dogs loose until they are trustworthy. A puppy, no way unless I gate it in the kitchen maybe after it is pee pad trained. You will know how they will be by how they are when they are together all day with you there. I personally do not leave a dog loose in the house until they are at least 1 1/2 years old, but that is just how I feel.

I have a 9 year old yorkie I just got in January and because he will tip over the trash can when left alone he is put into a crate (big enough for a 50 lb dog) when I can not be home. If I am home he is good and I can leave him for 20 minutes most of the time, sometimes he still tips over the trash can though. Any longer than that and I crate him. If I am home though I can be in and out of the main part of the house (kitchen, living and dining room) where the dogs are at and he is fine.

I would not leave him until you are sure he won't chew things (done teething) and you know that he will use pee pads. You will know if they are going to have problems though by how they are the rest of the time and that could change from now until he is ready to be left out as he grows up, hopefully for the better.

Good luck! He sounds sweet! Our puppies are about 8 weeks old so we will get them in a few more weeks. We are just counting the days. He sounds darling and I hope he continues to do very well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!