View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
Tink04
YT Addict

Default Looking for advice from other owners who have dealt with cancer/terminal diseases

Back in November, Tink was diagnosed with Insulinoma, which is basically pancreatic cancer that creates low blood sugar. Given the nature of the terrible disease, I chose to treat medically instead of surgically. (Surgery outlook was very vague, with limited results, and recovery is very hard on them.)
Since then besides some tummy issues, things have been going well. Tink is on medications, Prednisone & Palladia (oral chemotherapy), in addition to having to eat every 4 hours (24/7) in order to keep her blood sugar up.
I am just looking for advice from others who have had the misfortune of having their little one diagnosed with a terminal disease.
I am just so happy when she is feeling good, but I find it very very difficult to cope when we have the days that aren't so good. I feel so guilty all of the time, and don't feel like I am doing enough for her. It's to the point where I feel like I should talk to my Dr about a prescription to deal with the stress (anti depressant/anxiety) but then I'm worried it will just make me "numb" to the entire situation. I just want to be in the best frame of mind for my little girl... thanks so much for any advice.
Does anyone else have advice or experience?
Tink04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!