Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 04:10 AM   #10
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyam View Post
So today went really well and we made so much progress believe it or not. At first we went on a long walk on the lake he seemed like he enjoyed it, then we got to my place I took the advice about setting the treats on the floor and i did that while i laid on the couch, he was laying on me then i got up to go to my room he went to follow me but before that he saw the treats and started to eat one i peaked out of my room and saw him so i started to praise him then he dropped it right out of his mouth I was so sad then I knew something was wrong.

But i didn't get mad i sat on the floor placed treats by me he ate one, then i placed one on my lap he at that one. Couple hours later I took him out for another walk which he seemed to enjoy i brought him back in he was really excited so i thought to myself why not let me try to get him a treat for being a good boy so i put one in my hand he actually came and got it i was so happy, he really made my day. He's now eating treats out of my hand its been a couple months since he has. I have lots more i can share but its bed time my girlfriend let me keep him for the night so we can regain our bond i want to thank everybody again for the advice. good night!

I have to say I actually teared up when I read your first post. I'm so glad you are able to admit your behavior was wrong and your willing to do all you can do to make it right.

After reading your update I have complete faith in you that you are going to do all you can to help this pup heal. I feel from your posts this has affected you deeply and as terrible as it was it was also was a valuable lesson for you. I wish you all the best in your efforts in helping this pup overcome his emotional hurt.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!