View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I've fostered many yorkies and each one had a different length of time to get settled in. Let her take as long as she needs. Some only take a few days. Toto took almost a year until he would cuddle with anyone. Another after she was adopted, the new owners told me she hid behind the toilet in the bathroom for two weeks before she started to get used to them. They are all different.

For walking, have you checked her nails? I had one foster who would not walk. Turns out her nails were so long she literally couldn't walk! Luckily she was getting a dental so they cut her nails while she was under. Otherwise it would have taken forever to get them down to normal length.

Also I don't know if it was mentioned above, but I see in your pic she has a leash attached to her collar. It is better to have a harness for yorkies bc of their delicate tracheas.

My MIL just adopted a 3 yr old yorkie. She said she wouldn't play at first. She would throw the ball and she'd have no reaction. Turns out she prefers squeaky toys over balls. Eventually you will find what she likes.

Lastly, I would stop free feeding her. Feed her on a schedule so she can look forward to meals. And you are giving her the meals so that will develop more of a bond as well.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!