Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
It's going to be a long road to regain his trust. However you took a big step in admitting what you did and acknowledging that it was wrong. The first thing to do is not to push it. Let him come to you in his own time. Start by sitting the treat down near you and let him come to the treat in his own time not yours. He has to see you as a source of all things that are good to him.

The good news is that it is possible to regain his trust assuming that hitting him is not a normal occurrence. It will take some time but it will be worth it. The best way to discipline is to reward good behavior and ignore bad behavior but never hit under any circumstances as you now know that hitting is counterproductive and causes loss of trust and fear.

It's awesome that you've recognized what went wrong here, and that you're so committed to doing right by this little precious one -- and that makes me confident that you'll get there .

Take it slow, go easy, and I'd give lots of treats and praise and positive talk to him. Take him for walks together and treat him when he pees...you should hold the leash rather than your gf.

Some dogs are super sensitive, and it will just take time to set things right again...hang in there.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!