View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #12
Jkpal
YT 2000 Club Member

My Piper was about three yrs when I brought her home. She, too, was quiet and didn't play--almost like she didn't know how to play. I didn't push too hard, but continued to offer her options w/toys. Piper isn't obsessive about playing now, but turns out she likes fluffy toys with quiet squeakers and we either play tug-o-war or the 'I'm gonna getcha' game (she runs through house, head held high so as not to trip on toy and I follow her room to room and onto bed threatening to get that toy). I think your little one may need time to settle in and realize that you are really-truly hers--and that there is nothing she could ever do (wrong) to change that...She is home to stay. I sorta feel like that is what happened with Piper; she realized she could just relax and in our case, take over and run the house and me! I have the perfect little Piper and make sure that no matter what issues we run across, she knows that she is and always will be my perfect little Piper. Enjoy, have fun, be patient and try new things. How wonderful you have one another!
Jkpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!