View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
john925
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Adopted 4 year old Yorkie help!

Hi everyone I am new to this site but I just rescued a 4 year old yorkie (Gabby) who previously lived with a older lady who passed away. The family said straight up that she never barks, will never go on walks/refuses to walk on the leash, and doesnt play with any toys.Anyways its only been a couple of days and all those things so far seem to be true. I havent heard her make a peep. Took her to the vet today (everything checked out fine) but she was around all these giant barking dogs and people and did not make a peep. Took her down to the metroparks to try and get her to walk with the leash and harness i bought her, and like they said she refused to walk. Just sat down and pulled back. I took her to a friends with a fenced in yard and she explored there, but I live in a condo and dont have the luxury of a fenced in yard which really concerns me because she is not walking on a leash. They told me she only uses pee pads...She is as sweet as can be. Seems to be very independent. Sleeping on the couch next to me as I type this. If this is what the family said she was like am I supposed to just let this go on? She seems to have no interest in anything. I spent hundreds of dollars on supplies and toys and treats and she wants nothing to do with them. She grazes at her food throughout the day. She is at a good weight and healthy though. The vet was not concerned in that aspect. I know she is still adjusting but everything that the family said has remained true so far. Is this normal? She just doesn't seem to be acting like any dog I have ever encountered...Nothing seems to interest her that I do. Any suggestions? Am I just over thinking and this really is just her personality? Thanks for any comments, thoughts, and suggestions! This is my first dog I have ever had and am so glad she is a yorkie
john925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!