Thread: hey
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #13
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Let me just start by saying in the nicest way possible that I would never hit my Yorkie for anything. I tell him no and re-direct him if needed, but I don't see any reason to ever hit a 7 lb Yorkie. Mine was taken in by me recently and sometimes when he knows he did something bad and I tell him no, he cowers from me and I have to wonder if he was hit in his previous life but he will never be hit by me. He doesn't do anything to warrant such action anyway even when he does steal something from the bathroom trash, I just take it away from him and throw it away in the kitchen trash and I am done with the situation.

Then, my Yorkie does not play with anyone in the family when I am not home. I think it is just how they are. He will play with people when I am around, but he doesn't eat when I am not home and luckily I am rarely gone much so it isn't an issue. It may be your size, except that he plays with you when she is there. I would say not to worry about it personally as it is her dog and he feels most comfortable and relaxed when she is around. If he plays with you when she is there then enjoy that playtime and just chill and watch tv with the dog when she is at work or go outside and have some fun with the dog. My dog will not play with me when I want him to play. He plays when he wants to play. I had him for at least 6 weeks before he would even play with me once in a while and it was about 1-2 times a week he would play for about 10 minutes and then walk away. I have had him about 14 weeks now and he will play almost daily with me, usually in the evenings.

I hope this helps. They are quirky little things, but so fun to be around.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!