Thread: help?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
tecup
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default help?

Hello, this is a brief story of our little yorkie whom we love and spoil. She a wonderful yorkie who just turned 9 years old on April 16 of 2015. She is a passionate and loving whom loves children and people. The problem was nine months of having her we discovered she had had a prancreas problem. We took her to a new vet at about 5 to 6 months where she got sprayed my daughter piano teacher recommended. He was a home visiting vet. He was someone whom talked to her in a gentle loving way. We discovered his office was not near our home. We didn't care. He and the other vet are great. When our yorkie is very sick they take great care of her. When she is stable we take her home the vet called us twice a day everyday even on Sunday. Up until now our vet still calls us. She is put on a special prescription food called EN and medication which was reglan(no longer given) to calm the stomach. She has since developed IBD as of last June 2014 she was sick for 7 months until the vet and us figured out the correct combination of meds that would work. She is still on the EN food and now Zantac which is compound for her size 4.9 pounds she is given 3ml at 7:30am on an empty stomach and flagyl 1/4 dropper at 10:30am given on a full stomach twice a day. She is also given renavast capsule for her kidneys (which we break apart) every morning mixed the powder in with her food and boiled chicken She has been doing well up until I left her for a few days. My daughter who is 24 was taking care of her. Our yorkie has become very attached to me. We were gone for 1 day (left Friday afternoon) just resently and our yorkie was vomiting up blood had a bloody stool by Saturday afternoon. This is due to not eating or drinking. As you probably know she has acids built up in her stomach. She has since developed acid pockets in her somach which to stop the bleeding we give her sucralfate(only when needed)at 5:30am 1/2 pill once a day then after 3 days we cut it to a 1/4 pill once a day for a week must be given on an empty stomach. The doctor at the vet knows of her anxiety levels and has given us instruction on how to care for her at home. I have researched all these medication on how to adminster them properly through my vet, petmed and other sites.This is our story My questions is does anybody else have any problems with their yorkies? If so what type? Also any high anxieties? Thank you cp
tecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!