View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
betsygage
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Pray for my baby while I'm gone

I'm leaving on Thursday for two weeks in Europe with my family (10 others) for two weeks. My 15 year old Yorkie has prostate cancer. He has had two rounds of chemotherapy. He had a rough time after each and was supposed to have another round last week but I cancelled it because I was going to be leaving soon. He is having a good week and has gained weight (4 ½ oz). He's got more energy than he's had in many weeks. I nearly cancelled my trip because I couldn't bear to think of my baby passing away in the arms of someone else. But he looks stronger now and I am certain he will be strong enough to wait for me to return. I pray I have not cut short his life too much by not having this last chemo. But I do wonder if his tiny (4# 6 oz today) body is too frail for the chemo. Survival with chemo at best is a year. Without it is 6 mo. I have seen my baby so much happier the past few days than I have since this all began. I am wondering if I am doing the right thing by putting him through all this. I so want to do the right thing, but I don't know what that is. I just pray he will not give up while I am gone. My house sitter has my numbers where I will be and will check in every day. She has been with him 10 years when I have been gone. Am I wrong to leave him?
betsygage is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!