View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #212
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Hi Gail,

Those numbers are in the ballpark of the articles I quoted earlier in this thread--no argument from me. The takeaway lesson is that people need to be more proactive in their health care, and be more involved with their doctors in the decision-making process when it comes to taking medications--that goes for humans and canines.

I agree that they are in the ballpark. Yes for sure get more involved in the decision making process but to also understand the seriousness of not following the prescribed medication routine, and then to understand what are the get to the doc right now S+S and stop the drug immediately. If you are getting your blood tested monthly and have quarterly eye exams for screening purposes - you can fairly assume this drug has some very serious side effects and any alteration in vision or disturbances in elimination, bruising and bleeding are to be acted upon immediately! Of course with some drugs you have to taper off - but clients (I dislike the word patients) need to be on alert and understand when immediate MD attention is needed.

I don't know what it is like in the US but when you get a prescription drug here, you get this pamphlet of adverse side effects etc - I wonder how many folks actually read the thing...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!