View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 08:17 AM   #12
Coder1017
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Figured out how to take care of this for my Yorkie.

My Yorkie...Sheldon...had this problem yesterday. The tip of his penis was visible, appeared to be swollen, and there was no way it was going to fit back into the sheath. I tried sugar water and tried just giving him a bath, but that wasn't working.

I was able to pull the sheath further back, making more of his penis visible, but the sheath was so tight that I could tell that if the swelling of the head did not go down, there was nothing to do but take him to the vet.

I got some KY Jelly to keep everything lubricated to be sure nothing started to dry out. He would lick that, though, so I had to keep applying it. I started lubricating the sheath, as well, thinking that might make it looser. It didn't, much, but after a few hours of keeping everything lubricated...the sheath did start to absorb the KY Jelly.

Then I discovered what had happened, because I could feel it...the sheath was too short and too tight because it had...somehow...become folded back into itself. Like putting a sock on your foot and then tucking the top down into itself.

The frequent KY Jelly application and massage had made everything, even inside the sheath, slippery. I gently pulled the sheath further back away from the swollen head and, due to the lubrication, the sheath "un-tucked" itself. It was now long enough again and the head...swollen as it was...just popped right back in.

He was fine all night long and fine again, this morning. Never had any indication of pain, though that had to be uncomfortable. He's his normal happy and bouncy self, today, and everything down under is back to normal.

This was really freaking me out yesterday and I thought I'd share in case anyone else runs into this in the future. I'm keeping the KY Jelly on hand in case this ever happens again!
Coder1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!