View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #36
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_17 View Post
A pet store employee certainly is not, however a pet store owner that has devoted her life to educating herself and is practically a walking encyclopedia with main ingredients in all dog foods, her knowledge is outstanding, and she has no dog in the hunt so to speak, if I wanted a certain brand she would keep it stocked for me without a problem as she does for other people, it's a win win for her as I do not typically support big box stores, she is nobody's fool, it's not her job, it's her passion....as I stated before everybody loves their babies and is only trying to do the best for them, we may not have the same opinions but we have the same ultimate goal - health and longevity. I for one not only used dogfoodadvisor and this lady but did my own research and I agree with oneofakind, if you don't its all good, she was only making others aware of what she found.
OK...no disrespect here, but your pet store owner absolutely has a "dog in the hunt". This is how she is making a living! There are a few such pet stores in this area. They carry only certain pet foods...those where they are making a profit....and they each start giving the dog food advisor web site and the same rhetoric about "ingredients" when you go in their stores. It is their main focus. The one closest to me used to have some adorable dog clothing when she first opened....since then the area she used for dog clothing is being over run by more of the "holistic" pet foods. It is clear to me that the profit for that store is these foods.

Last edited by ladyjane; 04-27-2015 at 08:01 AM.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!