View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 12:07 AM   #11
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
As I posted on another thread, I home cook but when I feed kibble, it's Royal canin. It was recommended as a great small breed dog food from my vet nutritionist. Two of my dogs are almost 15 so I'm pretty satisfied with my choices.

I'm impressed with breeders like Deb and Judy who choose to feed a solid trusted food instead of the newest food with the best marketing. Good breeding is a lot but good nutrition can overcome many things as my dogs have demonstrated over the years. Good luck with your new puppy.
Yep, and as I said in the other thread, I feed Hill's Ideal Balance and my pups who eat it are fine.

I would consider RC if not for the fact I have been happy with Hill's for some time now.

Again, I choose quality control over ingredients.

OP, if the dog food industry concerns you, you might want to think about why. Go back and look at the recall lists. So many foods that were touting superior ingredients were on those lists. Those companies with their marketing ploys scared people and they continue to market rather than use that money to hire vet nutritionists and do feeding trials. Just something to think about.

Anyway, good luck with your new puppy.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!