View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #207
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
I remember than when a BB representative was posting on Yorkietalk, they were very cagey about the source of their ingredients. They would neither confirm nor deny a China origin, but swore that they tested their ingredients thoroughly, regardless of the source.

One thing that got me to change from BB is I bought a bag of BB that didn't have ANY lifesource bits in it. All of my other bags were fine. I've also heard of people getting bags that contained nothing but lifesource bits. It looks like they have issues with ingredient blending, or at least they did in the past. For those feeding BB, if the blend doesn't look right, take it back to the store for a refund. Hopefully BB has gotten their act together by now.
I didn't know about the BB rep posting here but it concerns me about her being evasive about the origin of the ingredients. I'm glad I quit feeding it. we got a bag that was about 50/50 life source bits and kibble last summer. Daisy was having a lot of tummy upset. I was picking out life source bits by hand because it didn't look right. I called the company and the rep acted like it was no big deal, she said it happens when one of the chutes run out of either kibble or life source bits, then the bag fills up with the contents of the other chute. The rep admitted the the high number of life source bits were probably causing the tummy aches. Then we found out Daisy has some elevated liver enzymes but the vet can't determine the cause.

My vets don't recommend BB so I quit feeding it. Sorry if I posted this same info in this thread. I didn't go back and read the whole thing. But I was surprised to see BB on that recommended list of food.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!