View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 06:49 AM   #15
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunni View Post
I've looked and looked at pictures of Yorkies and Silkies because I had the same experiences. I was told by the rescue that yes, she is Yorkie. She was 2 lbs at 10/11 weeks..She's nearly 6 months now and a whopping 10 lbs. The groomer said she looks like a yorkie/silky mix, lol. The pet store I use, is owned by the mommy of three gorgeous Yorkies..she said....for sure Yorkie..just big. I question it because of her face too...she has extra big ears, and it seems like a longer snout. The snout thing is changing though as her hair grows out. Her puppy trim cut off all the hair around her face and ears, so she was all nose and ears. She does have Yorkie eyes and personality from what I read. Frankly, whatever she is, she's the cutest little thing I've every seen As a rescue, it doesn't matter. I know I saved her from a certain death, because of a genetic defect..so, she probably is a puppy mill or byb baby, who was in an awful situation.
She's the most lovable, joyous little puppy.
for all the reasons your groomer said your pup may look like a silky, I can show you a reason she is not necessarily correct. I have an AKC Silky that is only 7 pounds and has the cutest, tiniest, little wedged nose. and little ears, and a beautiful silky coat. I don't think groomers mean to cast doubt on people when they make these comments but I wish they would stop as I feel it leaves their clients feeling cheated somehow. Either way, both breeds are absolutely wonderful little dogs and will bring so much love and joy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!