View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:03 PM   #11
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviruchi View Post
@colemommy01, I thought the puppies were required to have rabies shot at 12 weeks or older.. If he waits till 6 months, does that mean that he can't go out until then? What kind of shots will he have to have so that he'll be able to attend puppy kindergarten or even park?

@yorkimom1, I'm not sure exactly how he's going to get his next vaccines, but I know it'll be DHP puppy vaccination. What breeder gave was Duramune Max 5.
If he is to have lepto, are they going to provide benadryl? or will I have to? I prefer not having it done if not necessary, but I don't want to risk him being sick... So I don't know what to do for sure.. But if anything I'll make sure it's not done through nasal.. Thank you
Puppies/dogs ARE required by law to have rabies but not at 12 weeks...may I ask who's telling you this? I take my dogs out to get used to walking 2 weeks after their last DHPP, but other than that they stay home until 2 weeks after their rabies. I don't think dog parks have any regulations regarding shots, at least the one's near me. As far as play dates/groups, it depends on the group. The group in my area core vaccines as well as rabies have to be completed. Do you have a vet that specializes in small breeds in your area? Or that someone you know who also had a small breed recommends? You'll more than likely have to administer the benadryl yourself. I gave Rasta 1/2-1 ml at least 20 minutes before I arrived at the vet(check with your breeder in regards to dosage). As Yorkiemom1 stated, if you decide to get lepto stay in the immediate/general area of the vet's office in case he has an adverse reaction.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!