View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Vaccinations started before 8 weeks old, are essentially ineffective....mother's antibodies are still over-riding them. That is the cause of concern for your vet....I am thinking the vet is not confident in the breeder's knowledge since she started giving her vaccinations too early....he is leary of any other decisions she has made.

That said, vaccinations are money makers for vets....there are some that will NOT let go of those purse strings. Many times I have come here and said I have NEVER had a vet refuse my vaccination record.....and wouldnt you know, I just sold a pup from this current litter, and as the new momma and I were going over all the papers and info, she told me the vet she was considering had told her he would NOT take a breeders vaccination record and said the pup needed to be re-vaccinated. (I can not even imagine a vet demanding you go my way or the highway....revaccinate or .....or WHAT???? they refuse to see the pup???) What happened to the patient having any say in the treatment plan??!! I was stunned and told her to find another vet....she did, the vet was perfectly happy with the shot record I provided and she has a vet that works WITH her, rather than demanding he run the program or she can leave! She did herself and her pup a huge favor by finding a vet that takes the time to form a treatment plan for her pup, that includes the owners input and concerns. THAT is what you want in a vet....or a doctor for family members....JUST SAY NO!!!!

I would find another vet or just tell this one NO!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 04-24-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!