View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Wow, that's a lot of shots in such a short amount of time. Most puppies receive 3 sets of shots. Immunity begins to wean around 8 weeks. A vaccination schedule my breeder uses is: 8-9 weeks, 10-12 weeks, 14-16 weeks, then rabies around 6 months. Personally I'd have told the vet "No thank you" in regards to administering another set. Too many shots is just as bad as having no shots because their little bodies will be overwhelmed. My vet accepted my breeder administered shots, it's not hard to store the vaccine and its dilution at all! From what I've seen they are stored at the temperature insulin is stored in one's refrigerator. Basically, if you can set your refrigerator's temp you can store a vaccine. The vet we have on our military post tried the same thing your vet did and wanted me to restart both Rasta and Laveau's vaccines since they were given by the breeder and give them lepto which was in my contract not to give....I found another vet. Some vets will not accept shots that are not given by a vet/vet tech. What is your vet suggesting in terms of any further vaccination?
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!