View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #14
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Welcome to yorkie talk and congratulations on your new boys

We also use royal canin, we use the mini kibble. After some debate about what fish oil we were going to choose, we went based on Ann's suggestion (Wylie's mom) with royal express omega mender itch ender by ark naturals. Lilah has never had dry, itchy skin (thank goodness) but the product is a fish oil balanced with vitamin e and includes borage. I liked the vitamin e balance and am a fan of ark naturals products, lilah seems to enjoy the oil and I put some on top of her canned rc mini food she has in the morning. We recently decided to add 1/4 tsp coconut oil to the regimine but so far Lilah does not seem to like it we have used it on the coat before and I think Lilah would benefit from a once monthly pre bath coconut oil conditioning.

We have always used bands and we do have a band clipper tool but the silicone bands seem to slip off easily before I even get a chance to cut them without damaging the hair. We are growing out our top knot hair again with some notable wispys but it is from me not doing a good enough job with face washing and brushing for a period of time a few months ago. We use espree plum perfect face wash and I try to do it every day. We have been on a roll with our daily grooming for a few months and I am pretty pleased about it. Face washing is key.

Jenny from top line pet (mimomimo YT member) has a great shop with grooming supplies, I recently purchased some claw clips and am going to give them a go but I like bows a lot and it seems difficult to highlight them without a band. I also really like her soft toddler style bands. toplinepet.com
Never brush a dry coat, it will cause breakage, use a conditioning spray. Wash and condition approx every four days, brush daily with a pin brush, steel combs are amazing and wonderful. Keep those faces clean
Can't wait to see pics of the boys!
Attached Thumbnails
Question about coat.-image.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!