View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #12
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
Really? It's my Mylee. She's an AKC, Silky Terrier. To me, she looks very very different from Yorkies. I have to tell myself though, that I have a trained eye to look for the smallest details as I grew up Livestock Judging, LOL so I get that others don't always see the minute characteristics that I see. I'll just give you a judging of her.

As far as general appearances she is a nice/excellent example of the breed. She has a beautiful silky coat that is straight and splits down the back. She is longer than she is tall, and she has very refined bone structure. All that however, cannot outweigh her faults which are genetic. AND she falls UNDER the standard of 9-11 lbs, she weighs in at just 7. You wouldn't know that she weighs like a feather though under all that hair. (Another misconception is that Silkies don't grow a beautiful coat, but they sure can!)

Now how is she different from Yorkies? Her eyes are more almond than big and round, like a Yorkie, her nose is more wedged than square coming to a point. Silkies don't normally grow a lot of longer hair around the tip of the nose and under they eyes, as is Mylee, but the OP's Alonzo's has lots of thick facial hair.
She's BEAUTIFUL and I would have never guessed her to be a Silky. From a lot of internet pics, the differences between YT and Silky's seem so obvious but the pic of your girl has totally changed my opinion i.e. I thought I could tell!!

She is gorgeous!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!