View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #8
oneofakind864
Senior Yorkie Talker

I paid 1500 for my "Pet quality" Roxie..with a spay neuter contrct from Deb Sillers/Amazing Yorkies. And because she will always be a pet ( never shown or bred) "AKC registration is just a piece of paper to me. Other may feel differently. But the price of a pure blood yorkie varies as much as the appearance and temperament of pureblood yorkies does from one dog to the next. But I have seen MANY that were more and less expensive than the 800 this breeder was requesting. The going rate seems to be between 900 and 1500 for a pureblood registered/documented yorkie. I paid 1400 for my previous dog, Chanel- who also came with AKC papers ( which I never filed) Many of the so called "Teacup" breeders ( And I use the term breeders loosely because anyone who knows about yorkies knows teacup isn't a recognized term regarding the breed) Charge anywhere from 2000 and up.

I don't think "price" or "papers or not" is the really issue here. The bottom line is you need to buy from someone you trust and like. Her personality and manner of dealing with you and your reasonable questions excluded her from being either of those. Move on, find a breeder who you click with and whose dogs are beautiful to you and don't look back. There are several "Breeders of Merit" here on yorkie talk. May I suggest looking into one of those? You will get a healthier dog, advice from an experienced breeder for the life of your dog should you go that route, and the peace of mind in knowing that the dog you paid so much money for is a wonderful example of the breed ( wether you choose to register it or not)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!