View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #13
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybunDleOfJoy View Post
I have been training max a lot constantly repeating sessions with him and mia in the same room , and indeed he has learned something because he listens spontaneously during the sessions. however, my worry mostly is mia, because shes not playing the dominance role here. She more like defenseless, when he runs after her is growling and barking at her trying to bite her and there has been a few times where mia yelps that's when I notice he bit her. I would love it if mia actually confronts back but she doesn't she just barks at her when shes over exited/dehydrated from running away from him. If mia would play the dominance role, she would be able to teach him that biting isn't right. what do I do in this case?
Sounds like you are making some progress which is great. Just don't expect a miracle over night. It take a ton of work and more importantly Consistency ! That is the key to a well trained pup. You and if anyone else in in the home must adopt the same correction techniques. Always use the same commands and do it within seconds of the bad behavior. Just watch for the tell tell signs and stop it before he has a change to react. This will work for any type unwanted behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybunDleOfJoy View Post
Thankss everyone this was very informative.

Max only has about a month in and I see a difference starting a week ago , mia has let him slide with alot and just a week ago she snapped barking at him , he tried to stand on her and she moved and stood up on two feet on him. I was like finally! Ur dominance is stepping out. I started pushing max away from mia when he starts to bother her in a bad way and he has gotten better at that. mia walks more calmly around the house now and shuvs him off when he tries to do something stupid.

We have plenty of training sessions throughout the week together. Max does sleep in the pen still because mia needs space to breath without him around I feel.

Where working on the toys/bones etc. every time mia has a toy max wants it each and every time. Mia has a toy max takes it away and she goes for another and max wants the other one as well idk why he does that. I'm trying to teach him to share and mia to not let him take it all like it's not hers. They both have their toys. Any suggestions on how I get that working?

Another question why does sometime when max tries to sniff Mia , mia gives him her butt, putting her tail to one side? Isn't That Like Offering herself? Mia is fixed btw. Do I have to fix max?
This can be is a sign of submission as well as flagging when a female is in heat. Since she is fixed I don't thing you have to worry about that. Its just another way dogs say "hello". As long as there is no sign of aggression they should be fine.

Also, the toy/bones thing . . you really have to be careful when it comes to this. I had major issues with two of my gals over toys and such. To the point where a fight would break out. If Mia gives it willingly with no issue than its ok, they'll figure out how to share eventually. If there is any sign of aggression this is something that needs to be addressed asap so that is doesn't turn into something worse down the line.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!