View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Totally agree about the wired being better than the solar. If you want that model home look you can't use solar. Just not bright enough. At our old house we had the wired system. We put it in ourselves. Can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't too much. We bought everything at Home Depot.

The solar lights are more like for lighting up the pathway to your door. Not really for spotlighting trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiGirl View Post
The wired low voltage Malibu lights we put in to light the front walkway came as a kit with about 10 fixtures, all the wire and transformer box, for around $150 at Costco probably 8 years ago and we installed it ourselves. Wish they still carried the same set, I would do more.
So, when you 2 installed these systems yourselves -- what did you have to do in terms of an outdoor box? In other words, where is this "transformer" supposed to be installed? Does it just plug into an outdoor outlet, or do you have to hard-wire it in somewhere and then go from there? Does each light work off of that 1 transformer then? I just don't understand how these systems are set up yet...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!