View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

Default medicine free heartguard flavored treats?

Last time Maggie was at the vet she gave me a baggie full of the samples that heartguard gives out. They supposedly taste like heartguard but without the medicine. I've tried them on Maggie before without much luck, but this time she likes them. Maybe because its a been while since we were at the vet. She will never eat a treat at the vet or petsmart. Heartguard is her all-time favorite treat. She loves getting her chewable every month.

The lady at the vets office says they get the samples from Heartguard and didn't know if I could get them anywhere. Does anybody know? Maggie is very picky about her treats.

She seems to have learned to like her joint supplement (joint care premium plus Dog Glucosamine Joint Care Premium Plus at DrsFosterSmith.com), but today she had a big glob of mucous following her normal looking poop. I assume it is from the joint supplement so I only gave her a tiny amount tonight. She's had it about 4-5 times so far. She was getting half a chunk. I also ordered glycoflex 3 mini because I thought she wouldn't eat the Drs foster/smith ones. I ALSO ordered a fish oil supplement because the ortho vet suggested it. I hope its ok to give it with the joint supplement. It's supposed to be a good natural anti inflammatory. I won't start any of the new stuff until her poop normalizes.
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!