View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #10
Zoey Zendaya
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MybunDleOfJoy View Post
Thankss everyone this was very informative.

Max only has about a month in and I see a difference starting a week ago , mia has let him slide with alot and just a week ago she snapped barking at him , he tried to stand on her and she moved and stood up on two feet on him. I was like finally! Ur dominance is stepping out. I started pushing max away from mia when he starts to bother her in a bad way and he has gotten better at that. mia walks more calmly around the house now and shuvs him off when he tries to do something stupid.

We have plenty of training sessions throughout the week together. Max does sleep in the pen still because mia needs space to breath without him around I feel.
I
Where working on the toys/bones etc. every time mia has a toy max wants it each and every time. Mia has a toy max takes it away and she goes for another and max wants the other one as well idk why he does that. I'm trying to teach him to share and mia to not let him take it all like it's not hers. They both have their toys. Any suggestions on how I get that working?

Another question why does sometime when max tries to sniff Mia , mia gives him her butt, putting her tail to one side? Isn't That Like Offering herself? Mia is fixed btw. Do I have to fix max?

lol aren't they funny?! Not sure about the butt sniffing I have 2 girls...but I have heard that is their "identity" . Maybe he was saying..." What'd you say your name was?" And she said " I told you once already!" Lol!

Oh and the TOYS!! You oughta see how many zillion toys I have and you'd think I'd only ONE small light orange squeeker ball cause that is the only thing either of them have a blast with! I tried everything too! Even mixing slobbers on different balls to get baby Izzy to run after if I throw at the same time two.
The little one always wants what the other has. Same with kids! Zoey lets her have it too then waits till she's done and goes to grab it. Never any fighting or possessiveness , watch for that and step in. Izzy just likes to run alongside her or behind her when ball is thrown , then runs back with her playfully nipping at her ears all the way ! Just keep trying to attract the younger one by throwing TWO balls as similar as possible. She's starting to go for it...but still wants what Zoey has😏
Oh and be sure to play with BOTH at the same time so no one feels left out.
That can be hard to do. I was always told to put the first one you had , first, like when you handout treats, lay down separate food bowls, lifting them up on your lap, etc. cause the second doesn't know any different, the first one does...isn't that so true?!
I catch myself sometimes forgetting zoey is around the corner near when I have the other sit up for a treat and she s looking at me like...."well what about me?"
Good luck and have fun they are such a joy!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!