View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #15
YazminD
My ♥, My Soul, My Love
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa and Pic View Post
Aww, it sounds like things are okay. You are such a good mom.

I remember Vivi ate about five heartworm treats a couple of years ago and the emergency vet gave me a number to call. I posted about this on YT and it and I'll try to find it. It cost something like $30 for the phone call, but found out she would be fine.
Lisa, I can only imagine the fear and panic you must have felt at the time! I'm not sure I could have handled that type of scare situation very well at all! Did Vivi become sick or show any ill side effects? I'm amazed! I know how panicked I felt last night when thinking of how dangerous grapes and raisins can be for our babies. Thank God Vivi came through that nightmare okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Mine climb into my fig tree and eat figs right off the tree when they get ripe! They LOVE figs and will gorge themselves until they get diarrhea if allowed to do so!
OMGosh Judy, I wish I had known this last night, I had know idea figs were perfectly safe for a dog to eat! The funny thing is that Yazmin's NEVER taken food without permission until last night. I woke up around 1:00 AM with Yazmin was sitting on my chest, growling to let me know our new neighbors arrived home. After reassuring her everything was okay, I opened the Fig Newtons to eat just one before falling back to sleep. Lol Within seconds I heard the package crinkling and before I could react, Yazmin was flying down her ramp with a fig newton in her mouth! I panicked, thinking of grapes and raisins as I kept repeating for her to "Leave It"! She knew she was in trouble so she ran into her crate, turned her back towards me and practically gobbled the cookie whole! I'm guessing the aroma of the fig out won the "Leave It" command.

Although the whole incident seems a little funny today, I'm so grateful to the YT'rs who responded so quickly to help me last night.
YazminD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!