View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I remember ZoE crying when I would leave the house, when she was a young puppy. She would cry the whole time I was in the shower, and she couldn't see me, also.

Then somewhere a few months in, she seemed to understand that I left, but I always come back.

I usually sleep in a tank top, and each morning before leaving I would drop the tank you on her bed in her xpen, when she was little and she would snuggle in it. Now I toss it on my bed (where she sleeps while I'm hone) and she still snuggles in it. In fact, if my aim isnt good and it doesn't land at the top of the bed, she walks and grabs the tank in her mouth and drags it up my my pillows to lay on it.

Try leaving a shirt you've worn for him to snuggle with. It will smell like you and offer some reassurance, while you're gone.
That is so cute that she would grab it and pull it where she wanted it!

I don't make a big deal about me leaving. I tell the dogs I will be back in a few minutes (even if it will be several hours) and I tell them to be good and I leave. Sometimes I am gone 10 minutes and rarely I am gone 4 hours. They can't tell time anyway, so then I come back and just talk to them, I don't make a big deal about me being gone.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!