View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:31 AM   #164
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Ever research how many MILLIONS of people die from your "safer" medicine? I'd encourage you to do this before making a blanket, generalized statement like this. Imo, this can be a very dangerous opinion to ascribe to if you really believe this.

EXACTLY. Any of us who've spent 2 minutes working in the medical field have a responsibility to be honest about just how many people die and/or have severe side effects from these "safe, scientifically tested" meds every single solitary day. Let's not pretend that the FDA isn't a colossal mess, as it has been for decades, that is actually run by former drug company executives!!! If that's not a racket - a serious conflict of interest entity - then I don't know what is. "Scientifically tested" and "approved by the FDA" does NOT = just plain safe. It means it's safe for a majority and that's an important distinction to those in the minority who either die from the drug or have severe / debilitating side effects.
But we don't have the number on supplements and herbs and they can have extremely serious side effects when mixed with certain medicines and just on there own but because there is no one regulating and testing them there are no warnings on the bottle. For all we know those numbers could be even higher mostly because you don't know what you can and can't mix them with or side effects. Like I mentioned take a look at st.Johns wart that is some scary stuff but nothing on the bottle about the terrible stuff it can cause and do you have to do extensive research on it to find out. Whether you like the FDA or not there needs to be someone controlling and testing these things just like other medicines. For all anyone knows long term use of these can cause scary stuff to but know ones knows.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!