View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #163
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTeddykins View Post
I do agree with some of what you have said but I think it is very dangerous to dismiss all drugs on the basis of bias etc. Alzheimer's drugs, MS drugs and even influenza, measles, mumps, rubella and POLO have all benefitted from reduced symptomology, delay in progression or eradicated altogether.

Lots of people claim drugs are responsible for a lot of things negative and dismiss all of the positive which is why some of these diseases, like measles etc. have resurfaced amongst children. A lot of people forget that measles can and DOES kill and inoculations are the reason so many kids have been saved from death.

I think bias is something to be aware of but it isn't the be all and end all in terms of medicinal efficacy for humans or non-human animals.
I guess I'm trying to say the approval process has gone down a slippery slope. The connection between the FDA and the pharmaceutical company has become broken and what was once a agency looking out for the public's best interest has become one of making money for stock holders. The only reason the pharmaceutic companies would outsource to China and India is for bigger profits, it certainly wasn't for safety or quality. It is a fact the FDA cannot inspect these factories, which puts us all at risk.

If my post gave the impression there are no beneficial drugs on the market that was not my intent.What I am saying is the pharmaceutical companies are manipulating and hiding clinical trials in order to get drugs on the market that should not have been approved. This is not about bias but about deception and fraud, this should never happen. It's also about safety and effectiveness not about whether we have some beneficial drugs on the market. Of course we do have some of benefit but it's the other that are the problem

The concerns about safety and effectiveness, quality of the product and the risks vs benefits ratio should apply to all drugs, whether it be synthetic or supplements and herbs. If we would find it acceptable having tens of thousands of deaths connected to supplements then synthetics shouldn't get a pass either.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!